"I beg you,Leave me restless.I live with the impossible oceanAnd silence bleeds me dry!"
1. The ocean is responsible for between 50 and 70% of the oxygen we breathe.
2. The ocean is a major player in regulating Earths climate.
3. Only 10% of large ocean fish remain.
4. The ocean covers about 70% of the Earths surface.
5. Over 1/3 of the human population globally lives within 60 miles of an ocean coast.
6. Less than 5% of the global ocean has been explored.
7. New previously undescribed marine species are discovered daily.
8. Between 13 and 16% of human protein consumption is derived from marine organisms.
9. Global Ocean temperature is on the rise
10. She is beautiful!!! But you already knew that!
Exponential growth is a wonderful thing! It means that information can spread very quickly and we need for that to happen if we are to protect the global ocean and the creatures that reside there. What exponential growth means is a series of numbers like 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,... where each number is the double of the one previous. To spread information that means each one teach two other people. What that means is that if each person who sees this shares it with two other people and each of them does the same, by a week from now, the whole planet will know! Each one teach one. We'll get it done!
Akonitum posted a wonderful YouTube video about exponential growth. It is a double edged sword so to speak. Exponential growth viv a vis population is not a good thing...but exponential growth vis a vis ocean information is good!!!! I'm re-posting the video he/she linked to here as I feel it is a really instructive video.