Friday, June 27, 2008

International ROV Competition day 2

Hi folks!

It's late and I'm tired so I'm going to be brief. The repair table vacillated between simple and severe today. Most repairs were simple but the ones that were serious were devastating. The Dalhousie team flooded their control cannister and spent the entire day working on a fix. It was bad enough that their mentor offered them the option of retiring from the competition and enjoying the rest of the week as spectators. These guys really have guts! They are working through the night to come up with a fix. If the team is up for it, I'll get an interview before the Competition is over. Win, lose or draw these are some guys you should meet. I am going to post some unedited video of the posters I was able to see yesterday. I'll come back and refine things later but thought you would like to see it asap. Cheers!









No comments: